Thursday, January 11, 2007

Morning Update - As of 9:49am AZ time

Hello Everyone,

Greg sent an email. So far this morning things seem to be going ok. Angela had a CAT scan and some reflex tests. One side seems to be responding better than the other, but not sure if that is good, bad, or neutral at this time. I'll post again if I hear more news.

Have a blessed day today,
Sherri

**UPDATE: Message from Greg -

Angela's brother Tony (Air Force stationed in Qatar) is on his way home and has missed a commercial flight connection in Amsterdam. Not sure when he'll get to Omaha, but prayers for safe travels and making connections the rest of the way would be good. Thanks.

Greg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray this will be good news for Angela and all that miss her so much. I'm still trying to register this traumatic ordeal has even happened to her. I go to work and see her desk, thinking she will be in it at any moment with all her bags of crafts she loves to do, see her smiling face and hear her exciting stories or just having her listen to one of our stories. I think about when she came over to visit me one early morning. While I was sitting in my living room, hearing faint voices and thinking to myself "where is that coming from?". Finally looking out my window seeing Angela and Alisha both sitting on my porch chatting and eating a box of doughnuts. I laughed so hard at the image of both of them waiting for me to come home from dropping my daughters off at school and here I was at home. She is such a wonderful friend and a good person to all of us. I know if Angie knew I was sitting in her seat while she is away, she would snap at me and say "That's my seat!" and I would have to give it up! So...get well Angie and come get your seat!

I miss you and can't wait for you to tell me to get out of your seat!!!

Love, your friend, Robin

Anonymous said...

Father God,

You and You alone reign supreme, You are in control, You are purposeful. Would You wrap Your loving arms around Angela and her family during this trial? Would You be their sustenance as only You can be?

I am reminded of Romans 9:23 "What if He did this to make the riches of His glory known to the objects of mercy, whom He prepared in advance for glory--". Jesus, would You be glorified in all that takes place in and around Angela and her family? Would You do a work in all of our hearts through this?

We continue to come before You, Lord,on Angela's behalf, as her family in Christ, selfishly not wanting to lose her; still, we acknowledge that Your way is perfect and we trust You in this situation.

For Your honor and glory...

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone. This is Michelle, ang's cousin.
Even though we dont see each other ALL the time, it never seems like it was long ago that we shared a laugh. I saw Ange last around a year ago. She would stop into work and see all of us, Aunt Chris, me, Ang,and Jill. I bought some AVON from her. I always love to see her. She is a huge presence in everyones life. She is so full of life. Her laugh is something you never forget. When you get the news that something like this has happened to someone you love, you instantly are prepaired to do whatever you can to help. Your instinct is to fix it. And theres nothing you can do. You feel so helpless. This is consuming everyone in our family. We think of it all day and wait for a phone call with the latest update. We are calling each other every five minutes asking "have you heard anythin?" Hopefully the next thing I hear is her laugh. We will continue to pray and be there for anything she or the family needs.
Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I am currently setting up an Avon fundraiser to help Troy and Angela with any financial needs that come their way. My idea was to take brochures and order forms to Angela's work, their church, the girls old pre-school, and even at Troy's work. If our sales are large enough we can earn up to 40 percent profit to be forwarded onto Troy. I am hoping to get friends from each of these places to use as a reference point. Together I know we can make this a great success. If any of you have any other ideas on where to place brochures or would like to take some to work let me know. Tracy Nickell 552-0481. For those of you from out of town you can order by going to www.youravon.com/tnickell. We will only receive 20 percent profit by ordering on-line but it's better than nothing. All orders must be received by February 6th. Sherri if you would post this on the site with one of your updates so that it reaches more people that would be great. Thanks, Tracy