Wednesday, January 10, 2007

**Surgery Successful** Update as of 12:48pm AZ Time

Hello Family & Friends,

Angela has just come out of surgery successfully. Thank You Lord Jesus \O/

Here is what happened and what to expect over the next 7 days:

* This morning a lobe on the aneurysm (that was not visible on Angela's previous CT scans) ruptured. She stopped breathing and the neurosurgeon called his partner to come in so surgery could be done to clamp bleeding and stop it. The doctor called Troy to come in.

*Angela is on a ventilator and will be until they are sure she can breathe on her own. They had to remove a large part of the bone from her right side skull in order to allow the brain room to expand due to swelling. Greg said he did not think they were going to keep her sedated and that she will be allowed to wake up.

*The same risks apply as last time over the next 7 days. There is a risk of spasms that could lead to stroke. She has an increased risk for pneumonia & bladder infection while she is on the ventilator.

*The family is doing okay given the circumstances. They are relieved and thanking God for His intervention. ****The doctor was in amazement because he stated "most patients who have a second rupture like the one she experienced die almost immediately." He was so glad that that didn't happen for her. Mom Kohls said the amazement on his face was very apparent. (That's JESUS all the way!!! We serve an AWESOME God!!!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for His intervention and guidance of the surgeons!

Could I get Greg's email address or cell# re: help for the Troy and Angie?

Gregg Larson

Sherri said...

Hi Gregg, thank you for your support and offer to help. I will contact Greg later today and ask if it's okay to release his email address. Because these blogs are public information I'm trying to protect the family a little bit by not posting contact information on the blog. However, I am very happy to pass on your request and see what decision he would like to make. I will let you know by posting another reply on this comment section for you when I hear from him.

(Just in case... there is another post under January 9th called Ways to Help that you can view as well. If you click on the arrow next to the date, the messages will drop down so you can see them all.)

Many blessings to you Gregg! Thank you again!

Sherri

Anonymous said...

I have their home phone but I don't want to be a bother...I sent a message to the last email address that I had for them so I hope Greg gets it.

Sherri said...

Hi Gregg, I've sent a message to Greg for you to let him know you sent an email so he knows to look for it and also to ask if I can go ahead and release his email address on the blog.

Thank you again for your prayers and support. I know Greg has mentioned how much it means to him and to all of the family.

Sincerely,
Sherri

Anonymous said...

Lord, we join in the Name of Jesus to uphold Angela and Troy and their little ladies and their families. We stand with them. We hold up their arms. We ask for your healing and help. We ask for miracles...thank You for the ways you have already intervened! Nothing is too difficult for You! We lean on You. We trust in Your perfect love to cast out our fear. You are our Hope and Salvation! You have been faithful and will remain so. In Jesus' Precious Name we pray.

Sherri said...

Hello, thank you so much! What a powerful prayer... so annointed. Thank you. I know how much your support and prayers will mean to Angela when she is able to read her blog/journal or have it read to her. The Lord has been so gracious and kind letting us see how many lives Angela has touched and how He's used her.

God bless your family, and thank you again.

Sincerely,
Sherri

Anonymous said...

Our love and prayers go to the Kohl's and Monestero families for a complete healing for Angela. We pray for peace and comfort for Troy as he walks through this difficult time and leans on the everlasting arms of Jesus. Nothing is too hard for our God and He listens to the cries of His people and delivers them from all their afflictions. We will keep praying until Angela is 100% restored and will give all the glory to Jesus. Blessings and love to you- Caryl Wilton