Hello Sherri, My name is Tod DiCara. You don't know me, however, I feel from the blog that I know you. As you probably know, Angela was matron of honor at Greg and Theresa Vassios' wedding on August 4, 1984. I was the best man. Greg and I have been friends for over 40 years and I am well acquainted with the Monesteros, having known them almost since Greg has known Theresa. Greg called me for prayer support soon after he learned of Angie's (what I've always called her) aneurysm and impending surgery. He later directed me to the blog you set up. I'm e-mailing you because frankly, I don't know how the blog works. But what I do know is that your updates and running commentary have meant a great deal to me. Just for the record, I met Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior a couple years after graduating from college. So, I personally have been acquainted with how the Lord chooses to speak to us (and through us). I log in often to your blog primarily for your excellent coverage of this very profound situation and it makes me feel like I'm right there. But the reason I feel particularly compelled to write you is with respect to the comment I just read regarding you as a "FREAK." I can only imagine how that made you feel because it was a poison dart to my heart. I don't know who authored that comment, but I'm humbled that you would even post it for the rest of the world to read. Since I am not God and am hesitate to judge others spirituality or connectedness to Him, I base my conclusions on my own experience with the Lord's creative and unique ways of reaching us. It occurs to me, that the present trauma which Angela, her family, and friends are experiencing is an ideal setting for God to get our attention. It is my conclusion that He has certainly gotten yours! And for that I thank you. I do not find your remarks to be in-congruent with what the teaching of scriptures teaches me. In fact, I appreciate your application of the Bible to this situation. I personally have found much insight and felt a sincerity and earnestness in your attempt at making sense of this situation and finding the Lord in it and honoring Him as such. It's not often enough that we meet up with other Christians who speak with the boldness and confidence with which you do. I admire it. It has been a challenge to me to bolster what I know to be true and profess it with clarity and dignity. I trust the discernment that Jesus offers us to distinguish truth from a lie. I don't detect untruthfullness. I am not in the least bit concerned that along with your intent attention on Angela, Troy and the girls welfare, you include other prayer requests. We ALL need prayer and I value any friend who cares enough to ask for my prayer requests as well as respects my faith enough to ask that I pray on their behalf. In the end, if I were where Angela is right now, I would thank God Almighty for having someone like you in my life. Keeping faith with you, Tod P.S. Please feel free to post my comments. In fact I wish you would. I suspect others share my sentiments.
Please scroll down to the menu bar below to see all previous posts and donation information.Please feel free to leave a message or ask questions by clicking on "comments" at the end of each post.
** Donation Information **
*Donation Account -
Many people have asked how they can donate, so this special account was created. Wells Fargo Bank
10010 Regency Circle
Omaha, NE 68114
Attention: Love for Angela **Checks should be made out to "Love For Angela". In addition to mailing, individuals in Omaha should be able to go into any Wells Fargo Branch and make a contribution."
Click On The Arrow Next to Each Date in Order to Show Messages From That Day
2 comments:
Kathy and I was at the hospital last night. We were able to spend a few minutes with Angela. We both
felt that she was responding to us.
She would open her eyes and look for us. She would squeeze our hands when we asked her to.
We truly Believe the Lord is in control of this situation and ask that everyone continue to Pray for her and the Family..
Jody & Kathy Meloccaro
Hello Sherri,
My name is Tod DiCara. You don't know me, however, I feel from the blog that I know you. As you probably know, Angela was matron of honor at Greg and Theresa Vassios' wedding on August 4, 1984. I was the best man. Greg and I have been friends for over 40 years and I am well acquainted with the Monesteros, having known them almost since Greg has known Theresa.
Greg called me for prayer support soon after he learned of Angie's (what I've always called her) aneurysm and impending surgery. He later directed me to the blog you set up. I'm e-mailing you because frankly, I don't know how the blog works. But what I do know is that your updates and running commentary have meant a great deal to me. Just for the record, I met Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior a couple years after graduating from college. So, I personally have been acquainted with how the Lord chooses to speak to us (and through us).
I log in often to your blog primarily for your excellent coverage of this very profound situation and it makes me feel like I'm right there. But the reason I feel particularly compelled to write you is with respect to the comment I just read regarding you as a "FREAK." I can only imagine how that made you feel because it was a poison dart to my heart. I don't know who authored that comment, but I'm humbled that you would even post it for the rest of the world to read.
Since I am not God and am hesitate to judge others spirituality or connectedness to Him, I base my conclusions on my own experience with the Lord's creative and unique ways of reaching us. It occurs to me, that the present trauma which Angela, her family, and friends are experiencing is an ideal setting for God to get our attention. It is my conclusion that He has certainly gotten yours! And for that I thank you. I do not find your remarks to be in-congruent with what the teaching of scriptures teaches me. In fact, I appreciate your application of the Bible to this situation. I personally have found much insight and felt a sincerity and earnestness in your attempt at making sense of this situation and finding the Lord in it and honoring Him as such.
It's not often enough that we meet up with other Christians who speak with the boldness and confidence with which you do. I admire it. It has been a challenge to me to bolster what I know to be true and profess it with clarity and dignity. I trust the discernment that Jesus offers us to distinguish truth from a lie. I don't detect untruthfullness.
I am not in the least bit concerned that along with your intent attention on Angela, Troy and the girls welfare, you include other prayer requests. We ALL need prayer and I value any friend who cares enough to ask for my prayer requests as well as respects my faith enough to ask that I pray on their behalf.
In the end, if I were where Angela is right now, I would thank God Almighty for having someone like you in my life.
Keeping faith with you,
Tod
P.S. Please feel free to post my comments. In fact I wish you would. I suspect others share my sentiments.
Post a Comment